10 months ago
Works Manager – M&E
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Multi-disciplined Works Manager with responsibility for managing supervision and control for direct and sub-contract works, covering the Analytical & Facilities Portfolio.
As a works manager – M&E you will:
* Have a background in mechanical or electrical craft/ engineering, focused on hands on construction and installation works.
* Experienced in providing control and supervision of multi-disciplined in construction and installation tasks (predominately mechanical and electrical, but inclusive of civils and HVAC)
* Experienced in controlling both sub-contractor and direct labour teams and supervisors.
* Responsible for the coordination and safe management of all operational site activities.
* Ensuring Perfect Delivery, SHEQ, programme and budget requirements are met.
* Previous experience of working in a Nuclear environment/controlled areas an advantage but not a pre requisite.
* Provide communication link and liaison between multi discipline Project engineers, construction management , customer representatives and ISA senior works manager.
* Have a proven record of safe management of multiple parallel construction areas and workfaces.
Already experienced as a works manager you will have a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations and a comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices.
Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA)
The ISA is an integrated team of Sellafield Ltd, and Morgan Sindall and Arup in joint venture as delivery partners. Together, the partners are responsible for a £1.1 billion contract to deliver infrastructure improvements on a nuclear licensed site that manages one of the largest inventories of hazardous material in Western Europe.
We are recruiting talented, motivated and ambitious individuals to join our teams. We have a great opportunity for you to join our ISA team where you have the opportunity to work on specialist complex engineering projects whilst growing your skills and developing in your career. We take pride in creating a collaborative culture, sharing and inspiring each other so that everyone has the opportunity to grow individually as well as a team.
Infrastructure Strategic Alliance, Sellafield Ltd
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.