7 months ago
Engineering Manager (CEM)
Salary negotiable plus excellent benefit package
Overall Role Purpose
· Represents VFL as overall accountability, to Network Rail, for all engineering activities on a specific and nominated contract, (Network Rail contracted Project or Third Party Rail Project) including activities undertaken by Sub-contract & Design organisations.
· To undertake CEM duties in accordance with Network Rail Standard NR/L2/INI/02009 spacificly duties under clause 6.2, and all other relevant standards.
· To ensure that the project complies with its obligations in compliance with all Network Rail Standards & procedures.
· To nominate and oversee all CREs (Contractors Responsible Engineers) for the project in accordance with Network Rail Standard NR/L2/INI/02009.
· To interface directly with the employers project Engineering team.
· To interface directly with all Design service consultants and providers.
· To support the Project Manager with managing the contract relating to Engineering compliance and Design assurance for a particular project.
- Always to act in the best interests of VolkerFitzpatrick Ltd, its legal & contractual obligations and stated policies.
- Be fully aware and understand the requirements and implications, to yourself and others, of the company’s current health and safety, environmental and quality policy (this could apply to all the company policies)
- To implement or support as necessary all relevant company standards and procedures.-.
- Be responsible for maintaining your personal competencies, professional development and updating your personal information and site information on the company intranet (workspace)
- At all times, to act professionally and promote the company’s best standards and practices
- Extensive Experience in Rail Engineering & Design Assurance and Documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of VF Design & Engineering Procedures
- Design Management experience of at least 10 years
- Construction experience of at least 20 years
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
- Relevant Engineering Degree qualified
- Through training, skills and academic qualification to proceed to Divisional Engineering Manager
· For full job description: Engineering Manager (CEM) - Job Description.pdf