6 months ago
Workforce Training Manager-186514
Workforce Training Manager
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, matched pension up to 7.5%, and numerous retail discounts
Business area: Utilities – Thames Water
Forming a ground breaking partnership in 2015 Kier Utilities have been working with Thames Water, maintaining essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley
We are currently looking to recruit a Work Force Manager to report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the intake, development and retention of the trainee operative scheme to support the people requirements and performance of the Operational business.
* Work closely with the Operations and HR teams to understand work force plans and resource requirements to achieve Direct Labour Operative (DLO) requirements
* Ensure the trainee programme is purpose built including the development of on the role training through the integration of training experts from local college or industry, if required
* To collaborate through the L&D team with external organisations to arrange training ensuring continuity and consistency in delivery
* Work with the internal teams to champion and maximise the successfully recruitment of trainees through external sourcing, recruitment events to ensure open inclusivity including but not excluded to Job centres, NEETS, ex-military personnel and ex-offenders’ programmes
* Monitor and provide regular feedback on progress of trainees against agreed competency framework, Providing any mentoring or development needs with trainees and trainers to support and resolve personnel issues.
* Ensure costs of scheme and potential risks are identified and solutions implemented to support the health and safety of the trainees and their trainers
Skills and experience required:
* Previously operational management and workforce planning experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills in a variety of formats to different audience levels and types
* Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to others’ needs
* Financial and Commercial awareness
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Kent-Crayford
Job: Project Management
Organization: Kier Group UK