11 months ago
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Increasing activity in the North Sea for a range of cased hole and open hole services. Require an Operator with experience to work as part of a team to provide a range of services wireline offshore.
This position requires field experience as well as experience in cased hole and open hole wireline operations. The North Sea & Europe offers and executes a wide range of simple to complex wireline services and offers opportunities for the employee to develop new skills and knowledge.
* Under general supervision receives established instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on wellsite activity performs basic duties at the wellsite and at the shop.
* Learns about servicing mechanical devices, building logging cableheads, building perforating cableheads and tool maintenance.
* Able to Rig up and down wellsite equipment. Develops hoisting skills in different situations such as fishing operations, coring operations, testing operations vertical tool make-up and in deviated wells.
* Maintains wellsite records and communications as required by District Manager. Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
* Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
* Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations. Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
* Supervises the training of less experienced engineers and personnel. Be crew lead engineer on site for wellsite operations.
* Performs all required duties and responsibilities safely and as described by Managing Base Operations, Managing Wellsite Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics Manuals.
* Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Industry experience and product line (wireline) training.
General knowledge of oil and gas industry. Good mechanical aptitude.
Locations: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire City; Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire