3 months ago
The Engineer will be dedicated to a key Surface Pressure Control & Offshore (SPCO) Customer Engineering project execution on a design for manufacture capacity.
The role will also lead from an SPCO technical aspects pertinent to a specific selection of mature assets in terms of product and operational instruction/improvements. The role support products and services workload locally and globally when required, define engineering resolution and actively complement the technical team.
* Ensure HSE compliance at all time
* Ensure 100% EHS training conducted on time
* Report any EHS issues Operational
* Responsible for their quality of the work performed in the department
* Log activity of the tasks assigned and take ownership in follow up and on time delivery
* Ensure 100% on time my learning training
* Create yearly individual training plan together with Manager
* Follow through on agreed training plan
* Knowledge /experience sharing within the department Technical
* Support CTR process and scoping of SPCO engineering activities, when needed
* Lead technical support function for SPCO Projects & Products
* Lead the Design and modification of mechanical products inclusive of design reviews, wellhead, Valve, XT, tools and related equipment.
* Proficient in Mechanical codes and calculations (ASME VIII, API 6A, 17D Norsok), Mathcad software
* Recommend solutions and lead improvements to meet technical and project/product field requirements
* Lead project and product cost out initiatives
* Customer contact – Lead technical clarifications and meetings
* Verification of third party procedures, drawings and documents
* Review customer requirements, handle deviations to customer specifications
* Responsible for preparing equipment documents including drawings, design verification packages, Bill of Materials and user documentation
* Assisting assembly and testing, drive SIT's.
* Lead Risk assessment, studies and SoW creation
* Experience with Creo 3 (Pro NC proficient), ACAD, 3D models, tolerance stack ups
* Derive models for use in analysis
* Support on call rota for field issue resolution
* Experience of Subsea Wellhead and speciality connectors, surface Flow Control and Wellhead and tooling design after market repair activities
* Provide none conformance and Survey disposition for all SPCO product lines
* Beng Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent knowledge and experience with significant experience in Engineering.
* Experience in Engineering position working on Subsea/Surface Wellhead and XT product line.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to problem solve on own initative
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire