6 months ago
Weighbridge Technician for Supply Chain / Customer Service Centre / Logistics
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will manage the day to day operation of the weighbridge function and transport plan and be responsible for the processing of vehicles and resources on a daily basis, maintaining relevant database records for all resource requirements, ensuring that the centralised transport plan is satisfied and that drivers work to the instructions and procedures as detailed in the drivers folder.
You will also act as a key contact with other departments including maintenance facilities, works and central planning office, ensure that good industrial relations are maintained including disciplinary procedures and actions, ensure that company vehicles are kept in a clean condition inside and out, carry out any required site inductions, follow all IMS procedures, ensure that any customer complaints are recorded and investigated and driver tachographs are analysed.
To succeed in this role, the preferred candidate should demonstrate:
• Knowledge of transport legislation
• Ability to manage a team of drivers
• strong computer literacy and skills
• Ability to prioritise and make decisions, with discretion
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexible and committed approach and the ability to work rotating shifts
Description of Team / Department
Transport Team consisting of Area Manager and six Weighbridge Technicians based between Middlesbrough Depot and Teesport Depot responsible for a small driving team.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
Processing of vehicles and resources on a daily basis, Maintaining relevant data base records for all resource requirements, Ensuring drivers work to the instructions and procedures as detailed in the drivers folder, good industrial relations are maintained including disciplinary procedures and actions, Ensuring all driver tachographs are analysed.
Skills / Experience
Knowledge of transport legislation, ability to manage a team of drivers, strong computer literacy and skills, good communicator and team player at all levels, flexible and committed approach and the ability to work rotating shifts.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships.
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 44.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Monday-Friday on a rotational six shift system: 2pm-10pm, 6am-2pm, 10pm-6am, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm. 6am-2pm. Saturday will be worked on a rota basis between 6am-2pm
Company Vehicle: none
Hiring Manager: Kerry Mason
Closing Date: 23/08/19