about 1 month ago
Web DevOps Engineer
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
We are currently recruiting for a Web Operations Engineer to provide systems development, integration, and support for the BUUK group. This full time, permanent position is based at our office in Cardiff.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career who has previous experience with Linux servers and administration of an Apache web servers. This opportunity is currently being offered to internal employees only.
Responsibilities will include –
* Development, support and maintenance of application servers, web sites and in-house systems
* Design, development, support and maintenance of the development release processes and related applications
* Documentation of systems and processes
* Analysing user requirements or where appropriate supporting colleagues performing the Analysis role
* Design and development of in-house systems and integration with current and future OTS (off the shelf) systems and technologies
* Database design and support. Liaising with colleagues performing database administration roles. Ensuring data integrity in company systems
* Maintaining security controls relevant to company systems and databases
* Development and support of in-house reporting and collaboration systems
* Adhering to appropriate policies, procedures and standards. Helping to develop these where appropriate. Adhering to best practice in all aspects of the job
The ideal candidate for this role will have a degree (or similar) in computer science or similar field, with some operations experience. An understanding of other software, databases and programming language would be beneficial.
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops) and wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service).
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on--******for an informal discussion in confidence. Alternatively, you may email any questions through to -*******
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
I have found a job vacancy which may be of interest to you.
A link to the vacancy will be added after this message.
The email has been sent.
I agree to the Terms and Conditions
Enter your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password.
You have already applied for this job. Please login to your account and go to the 'my applications' section to see your progress