5 months ago
Web Developer - .NET
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Web Developer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Engineering and Operational Products group, supporting our space and satellite engineering activities.
You will be provided with an MSDN subscription and use the latest technology for C#, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server with .NET working within Visual Studio and managed through Team Foundation Server. Primary products produced in this team are Windows Applications, Windows Services, Web services and SQL Databases. You will use and develop various outputs from these to construct web sites / pages / dashboards and graphical metrics utilising web technologies for the users of the other products.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Enhancement of existing sites and creation of new pages with innovative implementations of web components to enrich the visual impact of the data
- Detailed technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements working with cross-functional teams
- Developing and enhancing product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives
- Ensuring that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand the product and user requirements
- Generate appropriate design documents, wireframes and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions
- Work with other development team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design and code reviews
- Implementation, coding and testing of complete solutions
- Generate unit tests and other testing strategies to ensure the products are being tested thoroughly to produce quality products
- Follow SOLID, DRY, KISS and YAGNI principles.
You may need to occasionally travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with some of the following skills and experience:
- Proven Web Developer experience, working with some of the following tools / languages:
o C# skills including OOP, REST APIs, generics and reflection
o MVC 5+ and Dependency Injection patterns
o Knowledge of MS SQL server web interfaces, relational, warehouse and cube database schema architectures
• Unit tests, mocking interfaces/frameworks
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of Microsoft products:
o Team Foundation Server
o Visual Studio
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.