26 days ago
Watson Health - Senior Technical Consultant
Your Role and Responsibilities
Opportunity for talented Senior Technical Consultants to join our Social Program Management (SPM) Practice in IBM Watson Health and build your future! IBM, the world’s largest IT and consulting company, is now searching for talented senior technical consultants to join our team.
As an IBM Cúram Social Program Management (SPM) Senior Technical Consultant, you will be delivering solutions that will drive in the next era of cutting-edge computing. IBM has a strong pipeline of opportunities and is looking for passionate and motivated people to help our clients succeed. The SPM Senior Technical Consultant will have access to world-class training, career development and mentors that will enable you to accelerate your skills and industry expertise.
In this role you will work with the world’s most influential enterprises to transform business operations with new technology. You will leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address clients’ business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with solutions that improves the client's return on investment.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will shape best practices with our global team and share expertise with your colleagues around the world.
From time to time you may also provide technical support to the client sales team, providing support during sales proposal activities, including presentations and demonstrations to line of business executives and to customer IT departments.
To be successful in this role you need to be passionate about technology and have a proven track record in the delivery of end to end JEE enterprise architecture solutions.
• Lead technical aspects of Medium to Large scale implementations.
• Work as part of a multi supplier team, with systems integration partners and/or customer staff to define components of an enterprise architecture based on the SPM product, and to ensure that IBM’s interests are represented in this architecture at all times.
• To assist in the definition of a development and deployment approach to be used to realize this architecture.
• Act as a technical reference for SPM related design, development, testing and deployment knowledge.
• Translate technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all.
• Work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees, partners and customers, and to promote IBM’s technical credibility as a capable and trusted partner.
• To take a leadership and mentoring role when working with less experienced IBM staff. Act as a mentor and coach to other technical consultants.
• Design, develop, code and test SPM extensions in a JEE environment
• Learn and grow your skills related to SPM implementations including mobile application development, reporting and analytics, cloud, data migration, web services and application security.
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven experience experience in a senior technical consultant role working either for an information technology consulting firm or directly with client stakeholders
• Proven experience of Java/JEE/XML development
• Proven experience of web service development, both REST and SOAP
• Proven experience of design patterns and design methods
• Experience in agile methodologies
• Proven experience of JEE scalability and performance, and application security
• Experience in the areas of written communication and presentation delivery
• Proven experience with relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and SQL
• Proven experience with either Websphere or Weblogic application servers
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Proven experience in SPM implementations including mobile application development, reporting and analytics.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?