about 1 year ago
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Water Infrastructure Design Engineer based in High Wycombe on a permanent basis.
Stantec’s strategy is to develop and grow the service we are able to offer in supporting our water industry clients to better understand their assets and develop, design and deliver schemes to enhance their assets. This role is to support the established MWH team in achieving this ambition, whilst increasing the business understanding of the team and building Stantec’s reputation as the recognised industry leader in this field of engineering and operation.
The role will be primarily based in our High Wycombe office as part of a water and wastewater infrastructure design team. Opportunities also exist in due course for secondment to other local offices in Reading and London.
- Carry out investigations, surveys, design, engineering calculations and preparation of working drawings and estimates for waste and water pipeline schemes.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships with key members of the client’s asset management, delivery and operations teams.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for working hours on project design
- Contribute to the preparation of construction estimates
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Chartered engineer or on progress to being chartered
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Proven post graduate experience in the water industry
- Experience in the design and construction of wastewater and cleanwater pipelines
- Confident with the preparation and use of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications
- Computer literate
- Good client service focus
- Experience in a self-managed role
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.