about 1 year ago
Waste Sector Director
Requisition ID :2018-26693
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for a Waste Sector Director. The key aim of this role is to lead on Waste Sector Business Development with both internal clients (i.e. other parts of the Wood business) and external clients.
The role requires the successful candidate to have a broad knowledge of the waste and recycling sector and have experience in successfully developing relationships with (public and private sector) project developers, funders, operators, local authorities and solicitors to develop viable waste and recycling projects covering both waste consultancy and waste engineering and at all stages of the project lifecycle. The successful candidate will be able to converse technically across the wide range of waste treatment technologies, policy and legislation.
The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to develop project opportunities, develop the commercial aspects of the project and close them successfully with the client and in line with internal policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will work closely with the sector managers and budget holders to help develop and deliver the divisional strategy.
The role is based in Knutsford but would consider candidates based in other locations in the UK.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
The successful candidate will be required to work with sector managers, business development sector leads and project managers to lead and support the development of new waste and recycling projects both within Europe and beyond.
* Assisting in the development and implementation of strategic development plans for waste consultancy and EPC sectors
* Develop relationships within Wood to promote the waste and recycling capabilities across the wider organisation
* Develop external relationships with key stakeholders across the sector including local authorities, waste operators, project developers, funders and solicitors
* Update and manage CRM with respect to waste and recycling opportunities
* Promote the waste and recycling capabilities at targeted conferences and seminars
Skills / Qualifications
* Successful track record in business development within the waste and recycling sector
* Established relationships within the sector (public and private)
* Prior consultancy experience within the sector
* Suitable technical degree
* Familiarity with MS packages including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Experience of CRM package would be beneficial
* Member of CIWM
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.