6 months ago
Vetting & On-boarding Coordinator (20 months FTC)
Job number: UK11874
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Administration
Region/State: South West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Fixed Term
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Vetting & On-boarding Coordinator (20 months FTC) to join our Major Projects team to work in Avonmouth, Bristol.
What you'll be doing
As a Vetting & On-boarding Coordinator (20 months FTC), you will:
* Collate and check information required for the HPC pre-employment screening and submit applications via the WIMS system for approval. Monitor progress through to approval stage;
* Book employees onto the HPC induction;
* Ensure Drugs & Alcohol testing has taken place for all new hires;
* Ensure pre-placement medical questionnaire and safety critical medicals (where required) have been complete;
* Work with the training advisor/resourcing partner to ensure new starts to the project are competent and qualified to complete their working roles in line with the HPC competency matrix.
Who we're looking for
* Have keen attention to detail;
* Be an experienced administrator;
* Be IT literate;
* Have solid experience in database management;
* Have solid experience in the use of Excel;
* Be proactive.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.