5 months ago
Job ID : 99238BR
Location : Belgium - Brussels
Netherlands - Remote / Field
Sweden - Stockholm
United Kingdom - Hemel Hempstead
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Vendor Business Development Manager
UK with European travel
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The mission of Thermo Fisher Financial Services Global is to provide maximum value to our customer through state of the art (vendor) financing solutions that enables desired business outcomes. We offer standard and tailored financial solutions for Thermo Fisher products and services while maintaining the focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience, both internal as external.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Vendor Business Development Manager to manage and develop the Financing Solutions offering and volume in the North region. The Vendor Business Development Manager has a multi-faceted and cross divisional role in our organization. This person will enable financial solutions in the region to enable incremental revenues for our Business, across all Groups, Divisions and segments. The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with (Senior) Sales Leadership, (support) functions and Preferred Lease Partners. They will build an internal network and identify new opportunities and implement new (financing) processes and offerings.
* Being responsible to deliver targeted lease volume and growth in defined regions in close cooperation with sales & service and business development teams of each division.
* Act as first contact for Business for any financing request while optimising the use of resources of the Preferred Lease Partner in the applicable region, while ensure compliance to company policies and specific country (lease) regulations.
* Ensure proper forecast, funding pipeline of Activated Lease volume.
* For any none-standard request, own the end-to-end process from request to activation in close interaction with Preferred Lease Partners, internal stakeholders and support functions.
* Ensure optimal financing price setting in line with targets, budget and defined risk profile by creating scenario analyses, NPV calculations and what if comparisons.
Development & Training:
As this is a new role in the assigned geography:
* Design and implement lease quote, approval, upgrade and remarketing process to gain efficiencies and drive (future) lease volume.
* Bring to message how Financing propositions can add value for Thermo Fisher for our customers.
* Bring significant value and expertise to front end of the business including strong negotiation and communications skills.
* Deliver, together with Preferred Lease Partner, (ongoing) education to increase Sales understanding of available financing offerings, business rules, tools available.
* Co-design calculation model to support business deals proposal.
* Collaborate with various Business Development, Corporate Account and Verticals teams to explore the opportunities of Financing Propositions and (lease) Marketing programs.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated team player with excellent skills in building relationships and:
* the ability to sell the value of Financing propositions both internally to Sales team and externally to our customers and the ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively.
* Willing to build, structure and (co) develop (new) lease processes, guidelines and presentations to build towards a ‘state of the art’ Financial Services organisation.
* Demonstrate to operate independently, to act with intensity, innovation, involvement and integrity.
* Having excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, time management and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrate highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
* Education: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Financing or equivalent.
* Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ (sales)/ lease experiences in (international) captive or vendor environment, preferable in complex, rapidly changing, international matrix organization.
* Excellent relationship building skills with external customers and internal staff.
* Demonstrated success in Lease business development and sales in the region/across EMEA, preferably in the life sciences, biotech or healthcare industry.
* Fluent in both in English and minimal one language of the assigned geography.
* Willing to travel >50%.