4 months ago
Ireland’s largest hospital. Europe’s most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
About the role
As part of a successful and growing High Voltage department, you’ll provide direct support to the Associate Engineers whilst joining a team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades. Your organisational and communication skills will help you interact with internal and external contacts to deliver projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You’ll also work closely with the Senior Engineers, playing an integral role in the driving of quality standards and the development of the team as a whole.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Must have experience in the production of all designs, calculations, reports & drawings associated with the new or modification of EHV underground cabling projects from 11kV – 400kV.
* This will cover the production of bonding line diagrams, cable rating calculations, induced voltage calculations, short circuit force calculations, thermo-mechanical thrust calculations, pulling tension calculations, production of material specification lists.
* You will have experience from a power engineering background and have good communication skills. In the role they will manage the production of designs through a robust checking process, but must also develop drawing office standards
* You must be enthusiastic, mature enough to operate in a diverse team and work without full time supervision.
* This role can lead to many of the career paths for the employee as they develop through BakerHicks
* BEng/BSc in Electrical Engineering
* MEng/MSc in Power Engineering
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
* Company car or cash allowance
* Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
* Life assurance scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
* Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
* Family friendly policies
* Employee assistance
* Professional development
We are conveniently located in Warwick, at Warwick Technology Park, CV34 6YL just off Gallows Hill about 6.5 miles of M40 and 1.5 miles from Warwick Station