3 months ago
Ireland’s largest hospital. Europe’s most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
About the role
As part of a successful and growing Process department, you’ll provide direct support to the Associate Engineers whilst joining a team that’s been delivering industry leading design solutions for decades. Your organisational and communication skills will help you interact with internal and external contacts to deliver projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You’ll also work closely with the Senior Engineers, playing an integral role in the driving of quality standards and the development of the team as a whole.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Management of the mechanical design function and team
* Management and development of CAD systems and design tools
* Development, training and support of mechanical design team
* Prepare CAD & design strategies for projects
* Ensuring technical excellence in mechanical design
* Co-ordination and interface with all other disciplines
* Implement safety by design
* Preparation of design manhour and cost estimates
* Delivering mechanical design solutions to meet project needs
* Act as lead designer, design coordinator and/or design manager on selected projects
* Resource planning and management
* Preparation of discipline design programmes
* Contributing to processes to maintain change & cost control
* Review designs for conformance with applicable regulatory standards and codes of practice
* HNC Mechanical
* CAD experience in the process contracting industry
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry.
We are conveniently located in Salford Quays, at Anchorage 2 Manchester, M50 3YW just off the A5063 Trafford Road about 0.7 miles of M602 and 0.6 miles from A57