5 months ago
£Competitive plus benefits
27 Apr 2018
40 hours per week
Hatfield (Head Office)
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do basic. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are currently seeking a User Experience Designer to join our new Android Delivery Device development team on a 3-month starting contract. Our team is creating an application that will enable Ocado to continue to improve its customer proposition and also give the Delivery Drivers a tool that is easy to use and allows them to focus on providing great customer service.
You’ll work collaboratively with the development team, Product Owner, Business Stakeholders and users, establishing and maintaining communications is key. You’ll have a passion for user experience analysis, design & technology, specifically mobile experiences.
Your skills and experience should include:
* Experience designing mobile apps for Android.
* A strong user experience portfolio demonstrating innovation and pragmatism.
* Excellent knowledge of customer experience, usability and user experience.
* Experience using motion/animations to enrich the user experience.
* Experience doing data-driven decisions, such as carrying out user testing and research to support decisions.
* The ability to manage your own workflow, document and communicate clearly to others less technical or visually articulate than you.
* Excellent working knowledge of IA/UX/design software e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Adobe CS/CC.
* An understanding of the User Centred Design process.
* The ability to creatively interpret briefs.
* Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
* Experience in designing business tools with complex workflows is a benefit.
What we can offer you
Within our flexible work environment, we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.