2 months ago
Job number: BBV00139
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Utitlties Coordinator to join our Tunnels team to work in Birmingham.
To provide strategic operational supervision, strong leadership and control of the works associated with the removal, assurance and diversion of located and unforeseen utility services.
What you'll be doing
* Liaise with Stats bodies regarding timely completion for diverting existing apparatus;
* Liaise with Stats bodies regarding costing/resource;
* Develop relationships with external stakeholders and engage with Knowledge Sharing and new innovations within the utility industry;
* Share lessons learned with other parts of the project/business;
* Liaise between stats and client regarding new service applications regarding street lighting, traffic signals and site connections;
* Ensures the maintenance of updated utility services drawings for the scheme with existing and new services;
* Management and implementation of permit to dig system to minimise the risk of service strikes;
* Raise awareness within the Project Team relating to working in the vicinity of services;
* Assures the provision of accurate As-Built information to assist the Maintenance Provider of the Network to minimise service strikes during the future maintenance of the scheme;
* Liaise with Engineering & Design and Construction teams to resolve technical issues and clashes.
* Ensures the correct validation and application of the Risk Assessment Method Statements defined;
* Manages sub-contractor and self-delivery performance based on KPIs;
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Experience of utilities coordinator role in complex infrastructure projects
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard.
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights.
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility.
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified.
* NRSWA Supervisor accredited
* Excellent team player, able to work competently and independently without continuous supervision. Reports back as necessary to update the Construction and Sub-Lot Project Director
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* Proven track record in managing and leading medium size teams;
* Experience working in multi-cultural teams;
* Experienced in the recruitment and development of talent within the business, including mentoring, stretch and challenge for junior team members and ensuring clearly defined development plans are in place;
* Strong leadership and management skills, including completion of formal qualification (e.g. ILM).
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
Why work for us
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
* 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
* More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
* 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
* 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
* Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.