9 months ago
Construction Services UK
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Utilities Manager to join the civil engineering function within our Regional South team working on a £110million highway scheme in Wokingham. The project is at pre-construction stage and consists of 9 separate highway schemes including greenfield roadworks, structures and significant number of road tie-ins.
What you'll be doing
As, Utilities Manager, you will:
* Ensure all Stat Diversions and New Stats Infrastructure is communicated to the designers and updated on the main construction drawings
* Review C4 Quotations and advise where contestable plant and labour attendance and civils work is required to be undertaken by Balfour Beatty
* Plan and monitor any Balfour Beatty Plant/Labour attendance to new and diverted stats.
* Coordinate Weekly Meetings with Utility Companies
* Coordinate Meetings with individual utility suppliers
* Ensure Traffic Management requirements for Utility Supplier is either accounted for in Balfour Beatty Traffic Management Plan or provided for by Utility Supplier Contractor
* Update site team during regular site meetings of progress with Utility Suppliers
* Produce a weekly and updated stats tracker and issue to site team
* Produce allocation sheets and diary information of Utility Contractors attendance/progress
* Be the point of contact and manager in charge Utility Contractors- (ie Safe Systems of Work)
Manage trial holes, permit-to-digs and service record for the project
* Advise site team of standoff distances and proximity to Stats
* Ensure Asbuilt Drawings for all services are completed and included within H&S File
* Competent at CAT scanning to support engineers with service detection
* Signoff Permits-to-dig
* Manage and update composite service drawingS
* Manage and update trial hole records
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Utilities Management experience gained within major civils & highways projects
* A minimum of an HND in construction or engineering
* Experience of Stats diversions and new installations
* Procurement experience for the installation and adoption of street lighting
* A highly organised approach to record keeping
* The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships and coordination of various utility contractors
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.