about 1 month ago
We are looking for an Utilities Design Manager to join our Utilities Operating Unit to work on our HS2 Contract based at West Ruislip, reporting directly to the Utility Manager. You will be responsible for the Design Management of a selection of utility work packages on HS2 Lot S1 or Lot S2, ensuring the design is delivered to an acceptable standard of quality in-line with commercial and programme expectations. Working with the SCS Utility Area Managers and design partners, you will forecast and plan the design delivery for your work packages. You will manage day-to-day interactions with internal (e.g. Construction Teams, Logistics etc.) and external interfaces, with the customer and third-party stakeholders (e.g. Network Rail, London Underground, Thames Water etc.). You will ensure the production of the design deliverables by our design partners meets the correct quality, contract, safety, time and cost requirements. You will also work closely with the other design managers, to ensure coordination of design elements throughout the contract and to identify change.
You’ll have a broad range of responsibilities:
* Work with the Area Utility Managers and supply chain in the creation and management of utility designs for assets within allocated project area.
* Maintain utility asset design schedules and update the requirements in line with the progression of the design process.
* Work with the SCS Design House to ensure all works that impact utilities are managed and developed in a holistic manner to enable sequencing plans to be produced and accurate designs to inform pricing activities, assist in design of temporary works associated to utilities.
* Manage the receipt and recording/transfer of any utility specific/related survey works required to ascertain the exact requirements for both the civil and utility design works.
* Manage Subcontractor design teams to ensure deliverables are produced in line with the project Works Information requirements, on time, to the correct specification and within the allocated budget.
* Ensure relevant duties under the CDM regulations are met and Instill ‘safe by design’ principles in supply chain organisations.
* Manage all sources of utility design for the project. This will involve internal Design House members, Utility Companies, HS2 and third party Lloyds Accredited designers.
* Coordinate the review of documentation with relevant parties.
* Ensure that relevant design management plans and assurance plans are adhered to within area of responsibility.
* Maintain HS2 and SCS values across the works, reducing waste, emissions and carbon.
* Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
We’re looking for:
* Strong understanding of Engineering Principles.
* Understanding of design processes, CAD systems, utility drawings and models.
* Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts through experience and formal training.
* Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practice.
* Ability to manage and deliver complex designs to demanding timescales with multiple stakeholders.
* Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document Control).
* Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar.
* Holder of relevant professional qualification (IEng or CEng), or close to obtaining a professional qualification
* Experience of working on large scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
* Experience of producing/managing design process for multi-utility projects
* Relevant CSCS Card and/or SMSTS qualification.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.
* Location: London, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular