12 months ago
Two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
Both organisations are market leaders in high-speed rail delivery, tunnelling, bridge construction, civil engineering, offsite manufacturing and digital engineering.
LM, along with Fusion JV and CS JV, have been awarded the enabling works for High Speed Two. Delivering the essential early works will include archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds – ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
The £900 million enabling works contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham, West Midlands (County) and the connection to the West Coast Main line at Handsacre in Staffordshire.
The Laing O'Rourke / Murphy joint venture team are working together to provide a professional and dynamic service. With a wealth of experience in planning, design and community engagement, we are utilising the latest construction methodology to deliver works, efficiently and safely.
Main purpose of role:
To support the project manager in the efficient and effective delivery of individual work packages; from launch through to on site delivery. To liaise closely with key functions including HS&W, procurement, commercial and engineering to enable delivery in line with LM requirements and HS2 KPIs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Deliver Work Packages package works in compliance with client expectations, LM objectives and KPI systems
* Provide technical support for Project Managers & Design Managers
* Working with the Design Team to Identify Utility Assets requiring Diverting or Disconnecting
* Identification and programming of New Connections/Supplies
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase
* Close liaison with Work Package Project Manager ,Design Managers & DJV Design Partners with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
* Developing and agreeing the design strategy with the designers including Diversion Routes, Preferred Points of Connection and utility routes.
* Review and Challenge Utility Company C3&C4 Network Designs ,Estimates & Programs
* Input into Scheme Design and Detailed Design review and monitor design change.
* Liaising with the client during the contract finalisation and design stages, attending meetings and being the single point of contact for all aspects of the utilities/contract delivery
* Liaise with Client, Design Partners & Utility Companies, Local Authorities and Key Stakeholders throughout project life cycle..
* Ensuring Utility Assets are constructed as designed and in a safe manner and recorded correctly
* Contribute to coordinated construction planning, programming and sequencing
* Overall responsibility for multi-utility Diversion, connection & Disconnections works projects in, delivering projects on time and within budget
* Monitoring of productivity and cost management in line with the expected costs of the Projects
* Assist in the Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims
* Management & Co-ordination of Site Utility support staff to ensure consistent accuracy and quality of team's work
* Ensures that all construction and installation teams are aware of their responsibilities and activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation
* Managing a number of Work Packages concurrently
* Management of, and liaison with Work package PM's and Design Managers to ensure smooth running of projects
As part of our Equality Diversity and Inclusion policy, we are committed to supporting any adjustments that you may require in both your application and any potential interviews.
As part of our support to you please let us know if you require any adjustments that need to be made by LM to help you. If you have a disability that you would like to bring to our attention in advance of this application
LM are committed to providing candidates with the widest possible support to actively improve accessibility and usability of our recruitment process. In order to achieve this we ask that you complete a short anonymous survey which will be used to inform the way in which we recruit so that we can have an effective recruitment process that supports all potential candidates.
This will not affect your application and the data is not shared with any third parties and is only used to ensure we are an accessible employer.