7 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a UNIX Support Engineer (1st Line) and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
As a Unix Engineer your role will be to provide 24x7 support of Sky’s Unix Platform, with a primary focus of the role being the ongoing support and maintenance of our systems. Duties will include:
- Work with our vendors to resolve Incidents (e.g. Linux/Solaris OS, Hardware), to resolve any issues on the platform.
- Maintaining and Supporting Live and Development Environments running Linux and Solaris
- Provide internal customers with support for requests that need the support of an Unix Engineer
- Configuration and maintenance of our UNIX environments
- Standard Maintenance, Patching and Configuration of UNIX environments.
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of both RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of Patching and Operating System Upgrades
- Standard Maintenance, Patching and Configuration skills of UNIX environments.
- Basic knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting (bash/ksh/perl)
- Experience of working in an environment using Change Management practices.
- Good communication & relationship management skills
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better