6 months ago
Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 - Civil Engineering
Job number: UK11707
Company/Division: Enabling Functions
Career area: Undergraduate
Region/State: UK Wide
Job type: Undergraduate
Closing Date – applications are open until 12th April 2019; however Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the programme:
Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2019.
Our Civil Engineering undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of civil engineering to support your studies. You will be given guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
Your responsibilities may include:
* Managing and carrying out setting out activities
* Liaison with and supervision of other site staff and operatives, always ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner
* Preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
* Control and determine quantities of materials against project plans
* Carry out short term planning
* Keeping site records and quality documents (cost, time & safety)
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialize in Civil Engineering.
What we’re looking for:
* Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
* Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
* Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
What you’ll need:
* Be studying for a BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering, expecting to achieve a 2:2
* Have a full, clean UK driving licence
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
To apply online, please click the link below;
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
[Back to search results]
[ Email a friend](Please note: this link will open the page in a new browser window.)
Twitter LinkedIn Facebook |AddThis more