5 months ago
Location: Cheadle, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The purpose of this role is to secure new complex high-value strategic contracts for our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) organisation, via the application of best-practice Bid Management behaviours and processes. This is a newly created and highly visible position within our MMS business.
·UK Submarines Project Director
·MMS Head of Bid Management
·UK Submarines Capture Lead
·Customers (BAE Systems and MOD) and Suppliers (Numerous).
·Multi-functional bid team members across the MMS Organisation dependent upon the particulars of the opportunity/bid
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Plan, undertake and manage Bid Management activities across the portfolio that will lead to the successful delivery of numerous bids (some in series whilst others in parallel). These are to be done by the application of best practice principles and process to also ensure robust project baselines are developed in preparation for handover to assigned Project / Programme Managers in readiness for successful profitable delivery.
* A proven track record of driving successful bids solutions relevant to Thales across complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisations.
* Experienced running a portfolio bids that annually will have total submission price of between £100-200M,
* Excellent professional bid management skills, Ideally within UK defence
* Extensive client and stakeholder management.
* Demonstrate the ability to construct solutions that meet the market’s need both commercially and technically.
* Full early opportunity lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and bidding and hand-over
* Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
* Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the Qualification, Capture and Bid and hand-over life cycle.
* Have or able to get UK Security Clearance
* APM (or equivalent) Level B or above
* APMP (or equivalent) Practitioner level
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!