about 1 year ago
About the Role
The primary role of the UK Internal Auditor is to ensure that the UK business (4000+ professionals) across the 7 disciplines is compliant with the UK BMS System.
The preferrred locations for this role are Newcastle, Leeds or Basingstoke.
A typical week would include:
* Organising, planning, conduct and follow up of internal audits/investigations against the integrated BMS (certified to 9001/18001/14001) in accordance with the yearly schedule
* Maintaining the scheduled programme of internal audits
* Assist other auditors conducting above audits
* Supporting the business in developing and agreeing NC action plans
* Chasing and closing out Non Conformance Actions
* Collating and improving SHEQ performance metrics
* Additional ad hoc duties as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Good working knowledge of the current ISO 9001/14001 &OHSAS 18001 and changes to these standards
* Demonstrable experience of auditing against Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
* Experience of training (presentation/workshops) and is comfortable with an audience of 20+
* Experience of working for an engineering consultancy, or at within least construction sector
* Professional auditing qualifications with a relevant organisation (IRQA, CQI etc) or is able to demonstrate progress and ambition towards achieving qualification
* Good eye to detail and is pragmatic in their approach to compliance
* Is willing to travel throughout the UK
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.