20 days ago
: Feb 15, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We are looking for a front-end developer to join the Equity Global Risk and Scenarios (GRS) UI team. The GRS team is responsible for aggregating end-of-day risk and calculating overnight risk for the front office, including traders, risk managers and Strats. The front-end, which we are hiring for, is a rich, interactive web UI that summarises vast amounts of end-of-day risk, as well as ticking intraday risk and market data, into as concise a way as possible for managers overseeing a large number of trading portfolios. It is important for this front-end to be very responsive and quite thin, with a framework that allows for fast definition of new real-time and historic reports. The application is built using HTML5/ExtJS 6.0 in the front-end, however, we are in the process of migrating it to React. It uses GigaSpaces in the middle tier, which is used as the application model for the front-end. It is a very high-profile application with a great deal of visibility to the front office.
We are a very technical team, where self-motivation, technical skills and strong interest in design and technology are highly prized. We follow the Agile approach to software development and work closely with business sponsors, staying flexible and responsive to their needs.
* You will be responsible for designing and developing a highly responsive web UI to present data in a way that allows senior front office heads to quickly identify areas of risk that need attention
* You will work on migrating the application from ExtJS to React, and will build reusable components and front-end libraries in React, optimised for maximum performance across a range of mobile devices and browsers
* You will work with the latest web technologies and influence the HTML5 strategy for the team
* You will be expected to promote best practices, in terms of development tools, technologies and testing
* You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing
* You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work on the full software stack in order to help engineer new and existing components#LI
Qualifications - External
* Automated GUI testing
* Linux and Shell scripting
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Experience in complete dev cycle
* A passion for learning and a strong interest in the Financial Industry are essential.#