9 months ago
Tell me about Lumo...
JOIN A NEWLY ESTABLISHED START UP THAT'S DRIVING A DIGITAL REVOLUTION IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY.
OVO now has three exciting brands that focus on different customer segments of the energy market. You’ll be working in the Lumo team developing an app-only energy proposition that is focussing on the tech savvy and those that are willing to self-serve.
Where in the world of Lumo will I be working?
You’ll be part of the Product team in Paddington, London - working alongside Product Managers, UX designers and Developers to create the most user-friendly digital experiences. You’ll also need to be comfortable working on UX designs, with guidance from the Senior UX designer.
How we do design?
We build great products by applying agile methodologies and iterative feedback to the design process. We have daily standups with the team and we work closely with Product Managers and developers on a daily basis.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include:
* Communicate and collaborate closely with Developers and provide feedback during development sprints.
* Work closely with UX to create beautiful and engaging user experiences
* Drive a collaborative and iterative design process to create great products
* Conceive and execute upon your ideas
* Develop and work with the style guide to make sure our UI is consistent throughout all digital products
* Support the UX team in user testing and research process
* Stay up to date with industry, and wider global trends
Do I have what it takes?
Ideally you will have experience which includes:
* Solid product design experience - You have at least 3 years worth of experience in designing digital products in product led companies (web and native apps). You’ll have an eye for design and be focussed on the detail. Experience of designing for accessibility needs would be a plus.
* Experience creating and working within a design system - You feel comfortable creating a design system and working with a library of components.
* Experience in applying brand on products - You have the ability to translate high level brand guidelines to design elements that fit with the product - and do not jeopardise its efficiency.
* Excellent problem-solving skills- You’ll have familiarity with the technical constraints and limitations of designing for different mediums. You’ll be skilled at responsive layouts - and up to date with current typography and colour theory.
* Experience with all the tools - You’ll be an expert with industry standard design tools (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects) and possess a working knowledge of prototyping tools (such as Axure, Invision, Marvel, Framer.js).
* Experience in rapid prototyping - You’ll understand the need to prototype - and will be capable of building usable and relevant prototypes to demonstrate your concepts.
* HTML and CSS coding abilities - You'll have solid experience working with developers to translate your designs into real products on mobile and web. You may even be able to understand basic HTML and CSS