about 1 month ago
REQ ID: 52801
JOB TITLE: Tyre Lead Engineer
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2021
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
It’s not every day you come across high performance versions of existing models, luxury bespoke commissions, heritage models or individually tailored vehicles that set pulses racing. Unless you join us at Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Operations (SO).
Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are a key part of the SO Organisation delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The main purpose of this role is to be the Engineer responsible for managing delivery of SVO specific tyres and associated components into vehicle programmes. Responsibilities include creation of compatible targets, working in a cross-functional team to manage the development process with suppliers delivering against this specification, ensuring testing and legal approvals are completed to meet the SVO vehicle programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
Key Accountability’s and Responsibilities:
* Leading the delivery of the tyres to meet programme requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
* Working in a cross functional team with Component engineers, Attribute teams, Designers, Suppliers, Purchasing, Supplier Technical Assistance to negotiate and agree targets for the tyres and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and status reported accurately and on time at each gateway
* Own and maintain project plans for all activities conducting regular reviews with suppliers & other stakeholders
* Conducting DFMEA reviews and design reviews
* Responsible for releasing of components
* Plan all required testing, monitor and document completion of all technical sign off including market homoligations and ensuring all engineering standards are met
* Resolving and managing reporting of technical issues, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
* Investigations into new technologies for tyres as well as testing procedures and delivery of data to support virtual modelling
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
* Proven technical knowledge related to wheel or tyre development
* Experience of project planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting
* Experience of delivering technical projects through team work, utilising strong people management and interpersonal skills
* Experience of delivering projects in an automotive and/or motorsport environment
* Knowledge of component design for high performance applications.
* Understanding of the JLR delivery processes, e.g. WERS, RMDV, APQP, PSW
* Confident presentation skills
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Engineering Manager, Engineer, Engineering, Automotive