about 1 month ago
Tunnel systems Engineer (IT)
Job number: UK12780
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Information Technology
Region/State: South West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Tunnel systems Engineer (IT) to join our Major Projects team to work in Bridgwater.
To effectively and efficiently deliver systems to support Tunnelling and segment production and the Back office function for the FE-SSU-SC team, working in conjunction with the service desk to receive work for completion. Field Engineers will recommend improvements, modifications to all Balfour Beatty all systems that will improve operating effectiveness and efficiency, that have been discovered whilst delivering services on the contract sites.
Ensuring customer experience and satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided by Tunnelling system engineer to the end user computing community within Balfour Beatty on the contract sites.
What you'll be doing
As a Tunnel systems Engineer (IT), you will have the following accountabilities:
* Ensuring services provided comply with Backup and Disaster Recovery procedures;
* Delivering IT field engineering services at main office locations and accompanying senior engineers on site setups/decommissions and projects;
* Ensuring compliance with current IT documentation standards utilised within IT Services;
* Delivering services requested through Incident, Service Request, Change and IMAC processes within IT Service Desk;
* Deliver field engineering service within the change IT Services management process;
* Recommending to line manager potential service improvements, and technology which could enhance the delivery of service throughout the UK;
* Comply with all service delivery agreements and KPIs;
* Ensuring services delivered comply with defined service SLAs;
* Ensure areas which could potentially adversely affect the business are expediently highlighted to line management;
* Proactively resolve systems issues through adopting a flexible approach and creating innovative solutions which maintain an acceptable balance between risk, reward, and customer service;
* Proactively identify ways to improve service delivery and operational effectiveness on sites;
* Deliver the Balfour Beatty values when delivering services on behalf of IT Services.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
* Desire to learn IT Infrastructure Domain knowledge including, Windows 7/2003/2008/10;
* An independent, self-starter;
* Interested in teamwork at the highest level, highly collaborative approach, among the first to volunteer to help others succeed;
* Strong customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
* Can learn new skills and knowledge, picks up on technical and business challenges quickly.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.