9 months ago
In Transport Asset Management, we help our transportation, aviation and energy customers to get the most out of their infrastructure assets. We provide the information they need to make key plans and decisions about the future, such as when to invest in their assets and what maintenance activities to prioritise. We help clients understand their data and bring it to life, using tools such as FME and Tableau.
We also advise clients on the implementation of national guidance and best practice, such as the uptake of risk-based approaches to asset management. This often involves working closely with clients to understand their needs and aspirations, followed by developing and implementing improvement or transformation plans. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
Our practice operates where the digital world collides with our physical environment and as a result we're facing a wave of opportunity to use our skills in new ways. Our team is responding by growing and shaping the future of transportation. Whether your background is in engineering, mathematics or risk and resilience – you’ll enjoy some fantastic opportunities as part of our team.
What you’ll be doing
The sub-roles below describe in more detail the work you will be doing when you join our team. These are not rigid work descriptions, as our team works across disciplines to deliver great services to our clients. If one or more of these appeal to you, we would love to hear from you.
* Providing support to Highway Authorities in the development of their highway asset management policies and strategies, and supporting them in all aspects of their journey to achieve efficient asset management
* Providing technical and contractual advice to Local Authorities, Department for Transport and Strategic Transport Authorities across the UK
* Developing and producing national asset management guidance
Asset data & analytics:
* Working with strategic and local transport authorities to value the assets they own, improve data-led decision making and to challenge current ways of working with our own digital tools and approaches.
* Data analysis, evaluation, and reporting
* Interpretation and write-up of analysis results
-Detailed pavement and scheme design
-Pavement rehabilitation assessment
-Development of structures asset management approaches, guidance and strategy
-Innovation in inspection, understanding and decision support tools
* Occasional site work, such as data collection or supervision of construction or maintenance activities
* Development of discipline technical excellence to support consultancy projects
All our roles involve engaging with clients and contributing to tenders and business development activities. Some of our graduates also choose to become involved in project management, assisting with activities such as budgeting, allocation of resources and financial monitoring.
Who we’re looking for
* Achieved or on track to achieve a bachelor’s (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) in Civil Engineering, Maths, Economics, Disaster Management, Risk or Resilience
* An interest in and a willingness to embrace digital technologies, recognising opportunities where they can help us and our clients work more efficiently
* Passionate about helping clients make better informed, data-driven decisions, applying the latest analytical and digital tools
* Prepared to thrive in a busy, innovative and challenging environment
* Drive and determination to achieve professional qualifications, such as Chartered Status (for example with the ICE, CIHT) or membership of other professional bodies
* Confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
* A good communicator who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
* A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and occasionally abroad
* Prepared to undergo a medical assessment, as some roles may involve working on site
Rewards & Benefits
Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
* A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within your first month salary
* Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once obtained
* A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
* 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year
* 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
* Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations
* Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities
For further details please visit the rewards and benefits page on our website.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Friday 16th February 2018. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
For further details on our recruitment process please visit the how to apply page on our website.