11 months ago
Atkins Transportation is our centre of excellence for transport technology projects. We are delivering some of the most exciting and innovative schemes in Europe and need great people to join our team.
Our key partners, Highways England, Network Rail and Transport for London have large investment programmes so our work is varied, challenging and interesting as we lead the way in delivering innovative technology solutions. Our key work includes:
• M25, M1, M6, M60, M4 Smart Motorways: Designing and supervising the construction of the systems that allow the hard should to be used as running lane through the use of CCTV, Radar, Lane signals, LED message signs and enforcement.
• A14 Designing the systems that will make the A14 the safest and greenest trunk road in the England
• Dartford River Crossing. Designing the systems that allow free flow tolling to work safely.
• A1 & A19 Technology Upgrade. Upgrade 135km of network to the latest monitoring, messages sign and high speed IP networks to improve safety and reduce journey times.
We have a strong technology team working on a wide range of projects from the feasibility and trial of new solutions, through to the design and delivery of major Smart Motorway, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and tunnels of projects. Our team uses a wide range of technologies implement these systems including: telecommunications; control system; CCTV; Radar detection; LED message signs; power distribution and cable infrastructure.
We have opportunities in our South East, Midlands and Northern based offices for apprentices. In return we offer a structures apprentice training scheme with a wide range of experience, release for formal classroom training and a competitive package.
The successful candidates will have an interest and some experience in Intelligent Transport Systems and supporting communication infrastructure.
Job profile and requirements
• Ability to understand complex issues and propose solutions
• Ability to deliver assignments
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
• An awareness of Health and Safety issues
• Proven ability to learn new skills and understand complex technical projects rapidly
• Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location including site and night work