9 months ago
Transport Planner - Leeds
About the Role
WYG Transport is a leading provider of expert transport services to the development sector across the north of England and we are expanding to meet our growing workload of major development projects and exciting public sector projects in Yorkshire and the North East. As a result we need aspiring Transport Planners with some post qualifying experience or Senior Transport Planners who are highly motivated and commercially focussed to help us develop our business.
You will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development and public sector projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially focussed team which has an expanding workload. As part of your role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and local government officers.
We’re committed to developing our people as the future of our business and you will benefit from training with support for professional qualifications such as Masters Degrees, Chartered Engineer and Transport Planning Professional.
In return you will have an attractive salary and benefits package, and will be encouraged to develop your technical and project related skills so that you can grow your career as we expand.
The position is available immediately.
Based in either our Leeds offices, you will have good written and verbal communication skills, good analytical skills and a degree in a numerate discipline.
You will ideally have hands-on experience of transport modelling, highway design and the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, as well as a good understanding of transport policy, guidance and advice.
You will assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, access and corridor studies and in particular will focus on the analysis of transport data, junction capacity analysis with PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT and PARAMICS, preparation of AutoCAD drawings and report writing.
You will be a keen, progressive, versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to all teams across the offices as workload dictates. You will ideally:
* Be educated to degree level in an appropriate numerate discipline.
* Be able to analyse data, construct logical arguments and communicate these effectively and professionally with the team, to clients and other professionals in both written and oral formats.
* Be a team player able to work flexibly, including, on occasions, outside of normal office hours, to meet tight deadlines
* Have the ability to manage your time in dealing with several transport projects to time and budgetary constraints.
* Have hands-on experience of junction capacity analysis – Arcady/Picady/Linsig, and TRICS
* Have good knowledge of DMRB and MfS design codes,
* Have a good knowledge of transport policy, guidance and advice
* Have hands-on experience of preparing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans in support of planning applications
* Experience of AutoCAD and highway design would be an advantage
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
* International Development
* Infrastructure & Built Environment
* Programme & Project Management
* Surveying & Asset Management
* Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals. We will also give you an extra day of leave for your birthday each year.