7 months ago
Transport Planner / Engineer
Due to our on-going success and a significant, existing workload the WYG Scottish Planning and Transport team is seeking a career minded and driven transport planner / engineer, with design experience, to join our growing team.
This unique role offers exciting career prospects and the opportunity to work with our established team of Civil Engineers in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
The location of the role is offered on a flexible basis and can be undertaken from either (or both) our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices.
About the role:
* Provide technical input to projects and support the team to deliver a range of projects
Work on projects in the public and private sector and liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers
Be proactive in keeping up to date with current practices, guidelines etc. in our field
Assist with site visits and conduct transport surveys where required
Establish working relationships with clients
Delivery of transport engineering projects through both preliminary and / or detailed design stages
Provide technical expertise in Transport Engineering design, particularly active travel design
Technically proficient in most aspects of transport engineering design with an understanding of current legislation and relevant guidance
Qualified in Civil Engineering or similar and working towards / hold a relevant professional qualification
An understanding of the Scottish market, including private sector and Local Authority service requirements, would be a distinct advantage
Knowledge of the UK planning system and Scottish transport planning policy and design guidelines
Understanding of DMRB and Manual for Streets and Designing Streets design standards and Local Authority procedures in relation to the design and construction of transport engineering schemes
Experience within a transport engineering team in an environment, involving the development of schemes for private developers and Scottish Local Authorities
* Proficient in the use of software including Junctions 9, TRANSYT, TRICS, AutoCAD
* Knowledge and experience of using 3D highway modelling software, ideally 3D Civils
* Proficient in the use of industry standard computer software and road design standards, production of S278 / RCC or equivalent detailed design drawings
Preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, transport scheme design and appraisal with knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice
Able to analyse data and collate and interpret it
A full UK driving licence is required
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.