3 months ago
Transport Planner (LIV00000E)
: United Kingdom-Liverpool-Liverpool
: Transport Planning
Transport Planner, Liverpool
Would you like to join our planning team based in Liverpool? We are currently recruiting a Transport Planner to form part of Arup’s wider Planning team across the North West and Yorkshire.
You will work flexibly with other planning teams to deliver creative and integrated solutions. Your role will involve producing transport assessments for medium to large development projects.
You will identify and develop transport schemes, undertake transport modelling and be responsible for the production of deliverables including reports and drawings.
You will have a keen interest in business development as you will support the team in the preparation of tender submissions and proposals, professional networking and contribute to meetings with key clients.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering, or other relevant degree.
• Actively working towards a chartered membership of a relevant professional institution.
• Demonstrable relevant experience in transport consultancy, in particular in development management/planning and transport assessment work
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to produce both technical and non-technical reports alongside the ability to convey complex information to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to use various software packages including Linsig, Junctions8, Aimsun, Paramics, Vissim, GIS, SATURN, CUBE and EMME/3.
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering, or other relevant degree.
• Wider knowledge of national and local planning policy and its implementation.
• Appreciation of wider issues including economic growth, environmental and health outcomes associated with transport investment.
• Understanding of the design process including the ability to produce preliminary design proposals and work alongside a multi-disciplinary design team to develop these.
• A growing interest in project management and business development
• Experience of successful bid writing.
• Good digital coding skills
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by Jamie Harris – email@example.com
Closing Date: 20/03/2019