5 months ago
Transport Planner - Manchester
“We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!”
We have an opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner / Consultant to join our Transport & Planning team in Manchester. You will provide assistance in the production of technical studies within the Transport Planning function.
You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be responsible for:
* Taking the technical lead on small projects
* Providing supervised technical input to larger projects
* Providing qualitative analysis of data
* Project Management
* Stakeholder management, consultation and communications
* Prepare relevant transport documents including: Technical Notes, Transport Assessment, Travel Plans, Delivery Service Plans, Construction Management Plans and similar
* Use of junction modelling programs
* Use of the TRICS database
* Developing innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients
* Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK
* Relevant HNC level qualification
* Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/ Travel Plans
* Knowledge of analytical software programs such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, the TRICS database and MS OFFICE.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Proven technical track record and ability
* Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
* Commercially aware
* BSc/ BEng/ MEng/ MSc level qualification in a relevant subject
* Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
* knowledge of WebTAG or similar will also be an advantage
* an understanding of other analytical software programs such as CUBE, SATURN, VISSIM, AIMSUN, or similar.
* CAD experience
* AUTOTRACK experience
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.