11 months ago
CH2M are looking to appoint a highly motivated and proactive transport modeller / analyst who wishes to progress their career with a company that is delivering some of the most iconic infrastructure projects in the UK.
CH2M has an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in Europe, delivering a wide range of project work for strategic (e.g. Highways England) and local authority public sector clients (e.g. Bristol City Council, together with some private sector developers. In particular we have a number of sole source framework commissions to supply transport planning and modelling services to various local authorities in the Bristol area and further afield.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and proactive transport modeller / analyst who wishes to progress their career with a company that is delivering some of the most iconic infrastructure projects in the UK e.g. HS2, Thames Tideway, Lower Thames Crossing.
The principal function of this position is to support the development, maintenance and use of micro- and macro- simulation transport models using a variety of software products, and carrying out analyses and evaluations, in order to deliver a wide variety of outputs to inform transport projects.
The priorities for this role include:
* transport modelling and analysis to support project appraisal, development and delivery on a range of transport projects
* assist in the development, validation, use and maintenance of transport network and junction models
* assist in other technical projects as required
* preparation of deliverables, including technical and non-technical reports
* assist in design, planning and execution of transport surveys
* work collaboratively with colleagues to find optimum solutions to meet client and commercial needs
* deliver analysis and modelling outputs to time and budget
* comply with technical governance requirements seeking timely inputs from senior colleagues for guidance, review and approval of models
* pro-actively develop own technical skills
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* relevant experience including development and use of transport simulation models, such as SATURN, VISSIM, EMME, VISUM
* use of other transport planning software such as DIADEM, TUBA, TRICS, Tempro, ARCADY, LINSIG
* appreciation of current modelling guidance
* proven capability in Excel and, if possible, VBA and GIS
* strong written, oral communication and organisational skills
* strong numeracy skills
* a relevant Honours degree (possibly MSc)
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.