11 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Transport Modeller to help with the expanding workload of our Midlands Transport Team based in the village of Anstey, just north of Leicester.
We offer a challenging and rewarding career working for a leading transport consultancy with a strong presence in the Midlands. You will join a growing team delivering a wide variety of interesting projects for clients in the private and public sectors.
You will work on and assist in leading a range of transport studies dealing with highway and other modelling projects. The role requires an experienced Transport Modeller who has developed a strong technical base in strategic modelling software (i.e. SATURN and VISUM) and has experience in project management, client liaison and fee proposal writing. Your work will involve:
* Understanding client requirements for modelling, and the specification of related model tasks
* Transport model development including model building, calibration/validation, model testing and auditing, checking and analysis of model outputs
* Ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget
* Preparation of technical reports and proposals for clients
* Attending internal and external client and team meetings
* Developing and mentoring more junior team members
You will be required to undertake your work with a high degree of diligence and quality in line with WebTAG guidance and WYG’s Quality Assurance processes. You will prepare technical papers and client reports and will need to be well organised and able to manage your time effectively to meet project deadlines.
The role presents an excellent opportunity to progress your career and work within a successful team on a wide range of regionally, nationally and internationally based transport planning and modelling projects, with opportunities to diversify transport modelling outputs and techniques into new and innovative markets and products.
We are looking for a keen, progressive and versatile individual with an established background in transport modelling. For this role we require candidates to have a numerate degree (BSc) in a relevant subject for example transport planning, mathematics, economics, physics or geography.
Above all we will be looking for someone with the following qualities:
* Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved
* Experience as a transport modeller, with an excellent track record in the field
* Expert knowledge of transport modelling theory and methods
* Expert knowledge of data collection, analytical techniques and appraisal methods
* Comprehensive understanding of UK transport policies/guidance (e.g. WebTAG and DMRB)
* Proven experience of strategic modelling using programs such as SATURN and VISUM
* Ability to advise on the design of modelling studies and lead their management and delivery
* Proven ability of working as part of a team to undertake large strategic modelling projects
* You should be highly numerate with strong problem solving skills
* You should have the ability to work under minimum supervision
* Proficient in Word and Excel
* Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis, reports and drawings
* Methodical approach to problem solving and strong attention to detail
* Focus on results and project delivery
* Full, clean UK driving licence and ideally access to a vehicle
* MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
* Chartered Professional status (e.g. CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT)
* Experience of highway scheme appraisal and current economic modelling software including, COBA, QUADRO, MyRIAD and TUBA
* Experience of working with public and private sector clients
* Experience of using Python scripting language
* Experience in the use of micro-simulation models such as PARAMICS and VISSIM
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities.
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments.
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer several benefits for employees, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You will also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
24 days ago
only 5 days until close
23 days ago
only 6 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close