12 months ago
Transport Engineer / Senior Transport Engineer (Glasgow)
About the Role
WYG is rapidly expanding in Scotland and are seeking career minded, driven Transport Planner / Engineer who has an appetite to get involved in a broad portfolio of studies. The business offers exciting growth prospects and is experiencing strong growth in our Glasgow office.
You will join and complement a team of consultants and technicians working on a variety of transport planning and engineering projects. As a Transport Planner / Senior Transport Planner you will be involved in contributing to the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects for various high profile private and public sector clients across the UK.
The post is ideally suited to an experienced graduate or Transport Planner with 2-3 years’ experience and a good rounded appreciation of policy, engineering design and development planning.
You should have an appropriate academic background such as a BSc / BEng / MSc in Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Geography, Economics or a similar discipline with experience in Transport Planning or a related field.
We will also expect you to have the following qualities:
* Drive to succeed and a willingness to get involved;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Working independently and innovatively, solving problems in an effective manner;
* An ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports using appropriate transport appraisal techniques; and
* An ability to work as part of a skilled multi-disciplinary team.
We would also like you to have some or all of the following;
* A good range of experience of local Transport Planning and Transport Engineering work such as active travel network design, travel plans, Transport Assessment, network management, data collection, business case development or similar.
* An interest in developing Project Management Skills is welcomed.
Membership of an appropriate professional institution such as the ICE, IHT or CILT is advantageous.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
* WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
* WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
* WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.