6 months ago
Atkins is shaping the future of transportation and we’re looking for talented people to join us in developing and expanding our Transport Asset Management practice. You’ll join at an exciting time with asset management being a key growth theme across both our Transportation and wider businesses.
As the digital world collides with our physical environment, we're facing a wave of opportunity to use our skills in new ways. Our team is seizing this opportunity to grow and shape the industry. We are a team of asset management professionals with rich and diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we cover all parts of asset management, including, strategic, tactical, analytics, and resilience advice. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
Asset management is one of Atkins priorities for growth, and we are looking for Asset Management Consultants at all levels to support our existing portfolio of projects and provide capacity to grow the business and support future opportunities. The people we’re seeking to employ will enjoy contributing across a portfolio of consultancy projects and will thrive in a busy, innovative and challenging environment. You’ll be technically excellent, whatever your level of experience and will be equally happy presenting to a client or developing technical details back at the office.
These roles will involve working closely with our clients in a range of projects related to asset management: from providing strategic direction to clients in defining and implementing their asset management policies, to using data and analysis tools to develop other works programmes at the tactical level. It will also include advising on the implementation of national guidance and dissemination of best practice.
You will also work closely with our Analytics and Risk & Resilience teams, to support clients in developing risk-based approaches to asset management, based on sound data. Our markets are national road, local authorities, and PPP organisations in the UK and overseas. The focus of the role will be in project management and project delivery, with some support activities including project bidding and business development.
Roles are available at a number of locations, including Birmingham (where the majority of the team is based), London, Manchester, Bristol and Cambridge. Regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
• Managing and delivering a variety of projects in the field of asset management
• Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients to secure additional or repeat business
We’re looking to hear from candidates with a Degree in Civil Engineering (or other relevant discipline) and some of the following:
• Membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent
• Achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status or equivalent
• Experience of working in asset management - either in an advisory role or in the delivery of maintenance activities
• Good knowledge of asset management and maintenance practices in the UK
• Understanding national asset management drivers as well as those of individual stakeholders
• Ability to work within a team
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Experience in the implementation of asset management systems and interpretation and analysis of results of such systems
• Working knowledge of PAS55
• Experience and track record in contributing to the development of national guidance documents.
• Experience and understanding of asset modelling and management systems
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress.
You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects, have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe. You’ll also benefit from our promotion-from-within policy and enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We offer flexible working and are committed to equal opportunities as we know from our experience that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.