3 months ago
Transmission Linesworker LE1
Requisition ID :2021-85652
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Electrical - Trades
Trade & Craft
Overview / Responsibilities
Job Position: Transmission Lines-worker
Job ID: 2021-85652
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Due to an increase in work within our Transmission & Distribution we are looking for 4 LE1 qualified Transmission Lines-workers to support our core team in various locations across the UK
Responsibilities and Duties
* Work at height on a daily basis often involving multiple climbs and/or working on several sites and locations in a day.
* Working to Wood safety rules, principally but not exclusively to DNO projects
* Working off ladders and or conductor access platforms
* Tower steelwork assembly and erection using 360 telehandlers, cranes and self-supporting derricks
* Running out pilot bonds and new conductors under tension
* Conductor replacement including full tension stringing.
* Lead earthing parties, read and authorise safety documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
* Demonstrable proven experience of working from 132kV upto and including 400kV overhead lines and lattice towers
* Working in the Construction Industry or in an outside environment
* Operation of specialist OHL Plant and Equipment
* Catenary Aerial Support System (CASS) and fibre optic wrap work
* Temporary mast
* Steel/Tower Erection using as self-supporting Derrick
* Training courses for operation of plant and machinery.
* Basic skills in English and Mathematics
* Full clean driving licence
* Medical / Drugs and alcohol test
* SHEA Power Utility Health and Safety Awareness Passport
* BESC OHL
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.