9 months ago
Job IDDate posted 12/20/2019
Location Bristol, England
Company BDUKL - United Kingdom
Boeing Defence UK BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services. As the company grows we have a need to expand our current Training Capability in the Rotary Wing domain and other training areas. This is an exciting time to join a business winning team of training experts
The successful candidate will lead and develop the Training Solution for a range of large, complex, platform and non-platform programmes. He / She will be directly responsible to the Boeing Defence UK Training Solutions Manager and will be required to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams to undertake the training solution development in support of customer training services
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within the defence Rotary Wing training domain as a recognized training solutions professional. Prior experience as a solution architect is highly desirable as is a previous training background within the rotary wing domain.
* Conducts analyses to evaluate customer technical training needs to determine appropriate training content objectives and design. Oversees activities for the development, delivery and evaluation of technical training
* Establishes processes for identifying training content and evaluating training effectiveness. Gathers data to support complete proposal development activities. Ensures accuracy and quality of training products. Coaches and develops others.
* Training Analysis - Conducts analyses to capture customer training and wider business needs to inform potential solution concepts and design criteria. Establishes scope and methodology to determine training needs. Provides guidance to TNA team members for the execution and delivery of analysis activities.
* Training Solution Design – Controls and creates the design solution to ensure required learning outcomes are met. Articulates solution to other areas of the business.
* Training Solution Development - Develops learning methods to align with business aims, culture and technological infrastructure. Sets parameters for the development and production of learning activities/resources/materials accordingly. Uses tools and techniques to demonstrate and support solution development and assessment.
* Training Equipment, methods and media - Development of training equipment functional and non-functional requirements to address key performance metrics within the solution design. Assesses key fidelity requirements based on training task fidelity and learning requirements.
* Solution Artefacts - Develops solution artefacts and establishment of key training service metrics. Uses tool sets and design knowledge criteria to determine capacity and throughput of training service enablers. Provides guidance for internal and external stakeholders around solution business metrics. Provides SME knowledge to support infrastructure requirements in support of training service devices.
* Assessment and Evaluation - Uses industry awareness and knowledge of assessment theory to guide the selection of appropriate techniques to gather accurate information on learner skills, knowledge and performance. Analyses this data to check whether learning interventions are in line with desired outcomes, and suggests alterations where necessary. Interprets data to be meaningful to stakeholders and business partners.
Additional roles include the development and leadership of internal business cases in support of project artefacts and establishment of key service metrics. Interaction with customers and stakeholders is a key part of this role. It also includes liaising with and providing technical oversight of suppliers (e.g. developing Supplier Statements of Work and specifications, monitoring supplier technical progress).
What We're Looking for:
A Degree level qualification (Preferred) or equivalent professional recognized prior experience / qualification in Training (Preferred) with experience in analysis, design and development of training solutions ideally in a synthetic training environment. The ideal candidate will have significant demonstrable lead / practitioner experience undertaking defence / civil related Training Solution Development in the Rotary Wing domain and have sound commercial awareness of training service metrics. Knowledge of synthetic training techniques is an advantage. Exceptional knowledge of the DSAT process and Military Aviation Regulatory environment is required; Excellent IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing and facilitation skills
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.