20 days ago
Job Title: Trainee Sales Estimator
Business: Colorcoat Urban
Salary: £20,000- £22,000 + Benefits
Closing Date: 11:00pm on Friday 9th April 2021
We currently have the opportunity to recruit a Trainee Sales Estimator and Scheduler into our Colorcoat Urban team at our site in Shotton. This is a new role that has been created on the back of significant business growth and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to shape the scope of the role going forward.
Tata Steel Colorcoat Urban supplies roof and wall cladding kits to the residential and commercial markets. The business has grown significantly over the last 11 years despite difficulties in the construction industry in this period.
As a Trainee Sales Estimator & Scheduler, you will be responsible for answering basic technical enquiries, responding to price enquiries and preparing final schedules for production. In this capacity, you will be in direct contact with builders and roofing & cladding contractors.
Your key accountabilities, will include but not be limited to the following:
* To respond to customer pricing enquiries ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maximising margin opportunities for the business.
* To produce final, detailed roof/wall cladding schedules from customers final measure in a format suitable for entry into order and inventory management system (Stratix).
* Pro-actively follow up previous estimates in order to achieve target conversion rates by product.
* Through regular contact with existing customers, develop strong relationships ensuring repeat business from accounts, supporting the business targets.
* Using our CRM system, ensure leads generated are actively tracked, projects specified are converted from tender stage to main contractor award. Co-ordinating with area Sales Executive on current and prospective account status.
* Provide quotation data to Business Manager in terms of quotation levels by specification and conversion rates, including project pipeline to aid forecasting.
* Responding to and following-up customer requests for technical information.
* Develop solid technical and industry knowledge and provide informed technical support to customers.
Ensure that operations, including those undertaken on the Company’s behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in a manner that fully complies with health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication & interpersonal skills, preferably honed through sales exposure to Contractors, in a previous role. Experience in the roofing and cladding industry is preferred but not essential.
You will be a self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, with a proven track record in sales.
The following will be paramount to your success in the role:
* Attention to detail is vital to your success in the role.
* A proven ability to develop and sustain excellent customer relationships is essential for this role.
* Strong influencing skills coupled with drive and enthusiasm indicative of a proactive approach.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Company Bonus
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
To learn more about who we are and what we can offer our future employees, please click on the link to watch the following video: -******
Job Segment:Estimator, Trainee, Business Manager, Entry Level Sales, Sales, Entry Level, Finance, Management