about 1 month ago
Trainee Production Technician - Llyswen
Job no: 496142
Work type: Fixed Term / Secondment
Categories: Water Production, Apprenticeship
What to expect
During your eighteen month trainee programme, you will attend Welsh Water’s accredited competency programme covering topics including water treatment processes, water resources and quality, health and safety, and also the knowledge and skills you gain will be practised in the workplace, under the expert guidance of your buddy.
Working closely with your experienced buddy, we’ll teach you how to:
* Operate a water treatment works
* Induct and supervise contractors on -site
* Plan plant shut-downs and other maintenance work on site
* Control stock levels of required materials including chemicals required in the water treatment process
As well as the on-the-job skills that you will gain while working with passionate and experienced colleagues, you will develop your confidence, organisation and problem solving abilities.
What do we need?
As well as an individual who really believes in Welsh Water’s mission and values, you will be a person who possesses a flair for problem solving and is passionate about planning for the effective running of a site. You will be organised, be able to communicate effectively, have a keen eye for detail and able to work to deadlines.
As well as the above;
* You will need English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
* You need to be available to start with us on 7 September 2020
* You will be required to complete online tests as part of the assessment process.
* Applying for our trainee programme is like applying for a job so you will have to go through our application process. You will also have to attend an assessment centre to meet our team.
Applications close at 11:55pm, on Friday 14 February 2020
Advertised: 10 Jan 2020 GMT Standard Time
Applications close: 14 Feb 2020 GMT Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend