9 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
We are looking to expand our highly skilled Field Service Engineer Team at GE Healthcare. This will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your own skills by working on high-end Industry leading technology.
* Our range of equipment is critical to patient
diagnosis and treatment, therefore, keeping the hospitals operational is vital.
To assist with this, you will not only benefit from our excellent technical
training courses at one of our Global Academies, you will be backed up with
‘Hands on’ experience on OEM equipment working alongside a close team of
* Joining as a Trainee Field Service Engineer, you will
be assigned to your area to begin the 2-year program, culminating in you becoming
a GE Healthcare Field Service Engineer
* To maintain and repair GE Healthcare’s range of
equipment at customer sites. You will be assigned to a specific product range
within the GE Healthcare portfolio. You will join a team of engineers within
your area and assigned a Mentor to guide you. Your 2-year program will be a
combination of OEM product training at one of our Global Academies, Computer
based training, all backed up with day to day on the job training with
* To develop the necessary Interpersonal skills to build
strong personal relationships with your customers.
* Maintain all the products in your areas portfolio
assigned to you whilst keeping up with the latest technical updates via ongoing
training or technical bulletins.
* Demonstrate consistent system level trouble shooting
and maintenance on your products, escalating any issues in a timely manner.
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate faults and
progress in a professional concise manner to a range of customer staff thus
enhancing their GE experience.
* Demonstrate the ability to work within strict time
restraints on customer sites as customers cannot afford their equipment to be
* Administration tasks are a big part of this role, you
will be expected to keep up with all assignments whilst reporting back to your
Mentor on a regular basis.
* To get involved, under supervision with installations,
understanding the process from delivery to handover.
* Work in line with GE HealthCare’s’ Quality and EHS policies,
completing all required training in the required timescale.
* Develop and demonstrate good problem-solving skills
enabling you to provide successful outcomes for your customers.
* Self-development, to be willing to learn new
technologies, processes and ideas whilst being open to and help with new ways
* BTEC / ONC and above, preferred. Ideally with a technical background, however ongoing technical training is an option for the right candidate.
* Strong desire to continiously learn and develop.
* Profiency in English, with the ability to work independently with minimum direction.
* High work standards and demonstrate quality in all aspects of day to day activities.
* Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
* Strong Customer skills; deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion.
* Clean driving licence is essential
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Locations: United Kingdom