12 months ago
CH2M are looking for a Transport Planner with Modelling skills to join their team in Leeds.
CH2M are looking to build a strong transportation planning team within our Leeds office to undertake local projects and to provide support to our UK wide transportation planning operations. Working on interesting projects for our strategic clients will enable the successful applicant to acquire wide ranging skills covering all aspects of the transportation planning process and develop a career with a global leader in this business sector.
The immediate role will require strong analytical skills to support strategic transport modelling, demand forecasting, economic and environmental assessment, transport appraisal and business case development projects for our key clients. The expectation is that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, covering the diverse nature of the CH2M transportation planning business.
Key projects include:
* Lower Thames Crossing
* RIP Schemes: M6 J19, M56 J11a, M60 J18
* RIS2 Modelling and Appraisal
* Northern Regional Traffic Model Maintenance and Development
* Spatial Planning Modelling and Developer Model Reviews
CH2M have a reputation for successfully delivering complex strategic projects for our Clients. We are also focussed on providing our staff with the training and opportunities to progress their careers. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and embark upon a career in this industry.
Reporting to our Project Managers, the successful candidate will play a key part in our delivery teams, principally in the:
* Provision of analytical support to projects across the spectrum of our transportation planning business;
* Development and use of data processing tools to provide high quality inputs to modelling and appraisal activities;
* Assist in the development of strategic transport models and in environmental appraisal activities;
* Attendance at technical Client meetings as required to present findings and outcomes of analytical work; and
* Contribution to authoring technical reports and notes documenting work undertaken.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* Degree qualified;
* Strong numeracy/analytical skills; and
* Knowledge of data analytical tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, VBA, SQL etc.
* Experience of any strategic transport modelling tools (SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM);
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
As this role is at a junior level it is envisaged that significant training will be provided in order to enable the successful applicant to contribute to our project delivery teams. The following knowledge/skills would be advantageous:
* Some experience of the transport planning process;
* Some experience of environmental appraisal activities; and
* Proficiency in English.
Our Culture: Safety & health
conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with
regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and
interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to
advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their
professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for
aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
The CH2M Foundation is renowned
for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner
‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’.
We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering),
we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our
Take a look around our site to
see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon
you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through
Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to
applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not
expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering
applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an
employment visa to fill this position.