9 months ago
Requisition ID: 213108
Supervises Traffic & Logistics (T&L) personnel and/or responsibilities on a project, within Procurement in a global business unit, within Corporate Traffic & Logistics or Bechtel Global Logistics (BGL). Establishes and/or implements Traffic & Logistics plans, procedures, work processes, and resources to ensure the safe, timely, and economical delivery of goods to meet project requirements. Works under limited or no supervision performing tasks within a complex environment. Extensive supervisory knowledge and experience. Demonstrates a high level of competency in negotiating agreements for Traffic & Logistics services. Effectively articulates the benefits and value of Traffic & Logistics services delivered at a project, global business unit or corporate level.
A. Supervision Received
* Depending upon assignment, reports to and receives operational direction from one of the following: project Traffic & Logistics lead, Project Procurement Manager, global business unit Procurement Manager, Corporate Traffic & Logistics or BGL Manager.
* Receives functional guidance from global business unit Traffic & Logistics Manager or Corporate Traffic & Logistics Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
* Provides operational direction to assigned project T&L Specialists.
* If assigned to a project, maintains close working relationships with other disciplines within the project team and global business unit Traffic & Logistics.
* If assigned to Procurement in a global business unit, maintains relationships with the Procurement team, project Traffic & Logistics leads, Corporate Traffic & Logistics, and BGL.
* Maintains contacts with government regulatory agency personnel, Traffic & Logistics service providers, and goods suppliers.
* Maintains contact with Traffic & Logistics industry sources and information resources to remain informed and to advise of industry trends, tools and best practices.
* If assigned to Corporate Traffic & Logistics or BGL, maintains relationships with global business unit Traffic & Logistics personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Oversees the activities of assigned personnel to ensure timely completion of individual and team responsibilities.
* Establishes and implements plans, instructions, procedures and work process improvements to ensure the safe, timely and economical delivery of goods to meet project requirements.
* Ensures the timely and accurate completion of milestone and performance reports to satisfy project information requirements.
* Ensures Traffic & Logistics service provider services are acquired in accordance with Bechtel Corporate and Procurement policies and procedures.
* Provides cost, transportability, service, and terms and conditions analysis as requested to assist with project proposals, materials/equipment purchases, and the selection of Traffic & Logistics service providers.
* Represents Traffic & Logistics at supplier/contractor kickoff meetings to review supplier/contractor delivery and Bechtel Traffic & Logistics requirements contained in purchase and contract documents.
* Prepares and presents Traffic & Logistics service provider bid tabs, commitment authorizations, and contract documents for approval by project and or client management.
* Negotiates Traffic & Logistics service provider agreements to maximize Bechtel’s commercial and technical interests.
* Develops Traffic & Logistics costs, job-hour requirements and reports for project or functional budget formation and management.
* Prepares Traffic & Logistics studies including site and service provider facility visits.
* Oversees Traffic & Logistics service provider performance to ensure services are carried out as contracted for and to ensure that project requirements are satisfied.
* Conducts annual performance reviews and assists with development plans for assigned personnel.
* Ensures safety requirements and measures are integrated into all Traffic & Logistics activities.
Knowledge and proficiency that is consistent with the salary grade determination (listed below), with the following:
* Bechtel and Supply Chain instructions, policies, and procedures
* Bechtel Traffic and Logistics procedures (Supply Chain College)
* T&L service provider pricing, services, operations and terms and conditions
* Bechtel T&L corporate agreements
* Bechtel Procurement System (BPS) T&L module as a Traffic & Logistics cost and information management tool
* Bechtel procedures and instructions for compliance with governmental regulations affecting the movement of goods and technology
* Bechtel cargo insurance requirements and their integration into goods purchase orders and Traffic & Logistics service provider agreements
* Industry packing, marking, and shipping requirements and their application to Bechtel purchased equipment
* Formalities and processes for importing and exporting globally
* Trade and delivery terms and export credit agency requirements
* Elements of cost and resource requirements for preparation and management of T&L budgets
* Arranging for movement of over-dimensional, over-weight or hazardous materials/equipment via all modes of transportation
* Project Traffic & Logistics execution plans and procedures
* Supervisory methods and techniques to maximize team and individual performance and ensuring employee satisfaction
* Bechtel e-Procurement tools and techniques
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.