6 months ago
AutoReq ID 133046BR
Job Title Trading & Wholesale Conduct Risk - Manager
Country United Kingdom
Function Risk Consulting
Service Line Risk Consulting Central
Service Line Information Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
- We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
- Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics including Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
- Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
- Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
- The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Good understanding of trading businesses.
- Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
- Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
- A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
- Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking engagements.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Higher qualification in mathematical subject (Maths, Economics, Physics, Engineering etc) (or other related degree) or programming skills advantageous.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a front office, Market risk or Product control or consulting environment.
- Risk management experience through within a banking , market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation advantageous
- Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
- Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of technical change management in a trading / treasury environment.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Risk Management, Law, Consulting, Bank, Banking, Finance, Legal, Technology