about 1 month ago
We seek the individual to assist the delivery of various risk related engagements encompassing the following areas:
- Front office supervision
- Market abuse and market conduct risk
- Unauthorised trading assessments and investigations
- Risk management frameworks and target operating models
- Front-to-back assessments of trading controls environment against good market practice and regulatory expectations
- Fair client order handling
- Risk assessments of electronic trading practices
- Application of the Fair and Effective Market Review within investment banking
- Advise clients on the benefits, regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to various risk issues
- Keep abreast of latest trends and any new regulations
- The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Good understanding of trading businesses.
• Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
• Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
• Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
• A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
• Higher qualification in mathematical subject (Maths, Economics, Physics, Engineering etc) (or other related degree) or programming skills advantageous.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a front office, Market risk or Product control or consulting environment.
• Risk management experience through within a banking , market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation advantageous
• Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
• Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of technical change management in a trading / treasury environment.
Assistant Manager, Risk Management, Law, Consulting, Banking, Management, Finance, Legal, Technology