about 1 month ago
: Jun 28, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses four functionally aligned organization, Trading & Client Operations, Clearing Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, and Trade & Transaction Reporting. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. The ISGPO Change the Bank team is a project management and business analysis team responsible for driving and delivering change for ISG Product Operations. The team is responsible for providing process re-engineering leadership to drive improved quality and enhanced efficiency. The team partners with Operations line leadership and Technology to shape product, service and functional strategies and deliver related application solutions. The team also supports key business enablement initiatives as well as client and industry driven product development
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) delivers the appropriate diligence and governance over the Firm’s global transaction reporting obligations. TTRO is charged with ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the Firm’s trade and transaction reporting and is comprised of teams in London, New York, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Mumbai, supported by a selection of vendors and third party service providers.
TTRO CTB teams are engaged in the development of platforms and processes supporting upcoming regulatory change in a high focus, rapidly evolving environment. Supporting a broad stakeholder base, TTRO CTB liaise with various internal and external counterparties daily and work closely with the run the bank (RTB) and Technology teams to ensure that the transaction reporting is in line with the regulatory requirements, industry best practice and the Firm's ISG trading activity.
The TTRO Control Chapter Team is responsible for the delivery of the control framework, usability tooling and management Information metrics, which are aimed at articulating and managing the firms risk to meets its regulatory objectives in terms of completeness, accuracy and timeliness of Transaction Reporting.. This role will for a Product Owner for usability tooling and management information metric’s.
As a CTB Operations Specialist you will be the Product Owner with a number of key responsibilities including but not limited to:-
- Engage with RTB and wider Product Owner group to understand and capture usability tooling and metric needs.
- Perform business analysis activities in order to define solutions, utilising a mix of product, process knowledge and technical domain knowledge.
- Partner with RTB, Tech and other stakeholders to agree implementation, any minimum viable product and priority for delivery.
- Drafting of user requirement stories
- Creation of and delivery of training on tooling and MI to Wider TTRO organisation to imbed the use of new MI as part of regular operation process
- Plan, test and control deployment and verification process. Prepare test strategy and approach
- Become a key contact for IT colleagues to assist on query resolution during system design and build
- Work towards improving efficiency of controls and overall reporting framework.
- Key local regime lead face off into MI & Usability team
- Point of escalation for stakeholders and global counterparts.
- Support global management by performing duties to support and develop the team locally.
- You will have a Bachelor Degree
- You will have a background in Capital Markets and preferably knowledge of Derivative Products, including Listed Derivatives, FX, Commodities, Equity, Credit and Interest Rates.
- You deliver on Business Process Transformation initiatives and Software Delivery projects; to identify project risks and barriers; to support Business Migration through process change or software delivery; and to track and realise business benefits
- You have previous leadership experience and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including interfacing across all levels
- You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- Take ownership for and follow through to conclusion on any issues or questions submitted by Operations technology teams
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- You will be articulate and have strong communication skills
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- You will have an added advantage if you possess prior regulatory experience in MiFID / EMIR /CFTC or other APAC regulations
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.