about 1 year ago
Carry out instructions as directed by the Works Manager/Team Leader to deliver track installation to the agreed quality, agreed timescales and safety.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure the safety of the line and the compliance of laid down track quality standards.
What will this role involve?
* Attend work for all rostered shifts and overtime turns
* Act upon unsafe acts or conditions when observed or when reporting to the post holder
* Carry out tasks given by the Works Manager/ Team Leader, in a diligent manner, ensuring the work is done in an efficient, cost effective, and professional manner producing work of high quality
* Attend training courses necessary for development of the skills needed to carry out the tasks performed by the work group and learn how to behave safely
* Ensure materials are used economically and unused materials are returned to stores, arrange for all scrap materials to be removed from site in a safe manner at the end of the each job
* Undertake possession management and site management duties as instructed
* Undertake all duties as skilled, in a reliable, flexible constructive manner
* Assisting the team as required
* Driving in a responsible manner will be an important part of the role
Specific Safety Responsibilities
* Work in a professional and proactive manner including developing the safety culture with the sub-contractors
* Ensure that all accidents and incidents are fully reported
* Participate in regular monthly safety meetings with the Works Manager
* Responsible for complying with the alcohol and drugs policy
* Responsible for wearing and maintaining in good condition any Personal Protective Equipment provided to them for their protection and bringing to their supervisors attention any defects or shortcomings with the equipment
* Responsible for ensuring their own safety and the safety of others affected by their acts and omissions
* Responsible for bringing any unsafe working activities or hazards to the immediate attention of their respective manager
* Responsible for only carrying out tasks, activities and operating plant and equipment that they are certified or competent to carry out
* All personnel are to report any accident or near misses to their supervisor or manager immediately in order to carry out investigations into the causes and remedial actions necessary
* All employees to attend Safety Briefings, Work Box Talks, Pre Work / COSS and Task Briefings
What are we looking for?
* It is essential that the post holder holds a full driving licence as driving in a responsible manner will be an important part of the role
* Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
* Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
* IOSH working safely