29 days ago
Work with Amey on the UK’s most exciting rail project!
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
The Track & Electrification (T&E) Lead will manage and deliver allocated, complex, multi-disciplinary contracts safely in accordance with legislation and Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships.
You will support Rail Systems Project Development and provide key constructability input during GRIP stages 4 to 5, transitioning into the build phase for GRIP 6 delivery.
* Provide support to the Head of Rail Systems as required on Grip 4 to 5.
* Support on constructability to Transpire’s Project W1/2 Design Team.
* Develop GRIP 3 key logistics and accommodation strategies.
* Manage the procurement strategy as part of the GRIP 4 stage having appraised all options and locations for critical rail plant, Rail Systems materials and critical rail resources.
* Lead production of the GRIP 3 constructability appraisal reports and provide advice to design teams during GRIP 4/5.
* Develop reports to help inform the Transport and Work Act Order (TWAO) process.
* Support the strategic Access Planning team to help develop a possession strategy for optimal delivery.
* Provide support to estimators and commercial teams during the estimate development phase.
* Support the Project Director to deliver Project W1/2 works between Manchester and Huddersfield. This includes remodelling of the track layout and installation of new OLE infrastructure within the Project 1 & 2 footprint.
Skills & experience
* Degree, HND in Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum 15 years’ experience in the rail industry.
* Qualified to Chartered Engineer level (MICE or equivalent).
* Proven experience and performance at a senior level.
* Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities to manage a project or a portfolio of projects.